Please help us sustain the important work of the Haverford Township Free Library by making a tax-deductible donation today!
In 2012, the Haverford Township Free Library joined with libraries across the Commonwealth in the PA Forward initiative to help Pennsylvanians improve essential literacy skills.
HTFL knows that an educated public with better access to information is key to powering progress across the Township. With a commitment to lifelong learning, we are embracing new technology, community access, and fostering innovative partnerships to move us forward!
Through the emphasis of five areas of literacy – basic, information, civic and social, health, financial – HTFL is connecting the Haverford Township community with the tools we need for success!
- The Library’s collection has something for everyone from best sellers to cookbooks to graphic novels to eReader downloads.
- Each year, our storytimes and reading programs bring more than 10,000 children and caregivers together and emphasize the importance of creating lifelong readers.
- Book a Librarian today and get one-on-one assistance from a professional reference librarian - anything from learning a new computer program to researching your family tree!
- Through the Delaware County Library System and the Power Library Network, we provide access to 75+ online research databases for 24/7 service.
- Customers of HTFL logged 18,300 hours on public access computers with high speed internet connections and don’t forget our free WiFi!
Civic and Social Literacy
- Engaging with the community is at the heart of our mission. By partnering with local organizations the Library brings you the best possible programs and services.
- HTFL subscribes to more than 100 newspapers and magazines. Relax in our “Living Room” with the day’s news.
- National and local authors regularly visit the Township to connect with students and residents.
- Working with local health care professionals, we’ve hosted discussions on hip and knee pain, sleep issues and other concerns.
- The collections of HTFL provide customers much needed health information through subscriptions to health and nutrition newsletters and access to medical reference materials.
- HTFL recognizes the important role that small businesses play in the local community and through our Annual Business Breakfast and Workshops we are connecting with these stakeholders regularly.
- Through workshops, webinars, and one-on-one assistance, we provide resume and job searching assistance.
￼Help the Haverford Township Free Library move forward by making a contribution today! Your support will help enhance and enrich life in our community.
Thank you from the Board of Trustees, Director, and Staff