The Library offers over 200 free resources for English Language and Adult Learners. We call this section of the library the Adult Learning Collection, or ALC for short. In the ALC you can find:
- Guides for teaching English Language Learners and Adult Learners
- Reading Writing, and vocabulary workbooks
- TOEFL, GED and citizenship study materials
- Nonfiction materials that may specifically support new community members with topics such as knowing your rights at work, getting children ready for the school year, and other topics
- English for New Americans CDs and digital audio players for listening and self-guided learning.
Need help? Contact Reference by stopping in at the desk, calling 610-446-3082 x201 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many large and small group classes taking place across Delaware County at any given time. Some classes are free and some require registration.
- See a list of local GED classes.
- See a list of local ESL classes.
Este centro ofrece a los adultos que estan muy ocupados los recursos para mejorar sus habilidades basicas, ganar sus credenciales de GED o ser ciudadano estadounidense.
This LearningExpress Library center provides busy adults with the resources to improve their basic skills, earn a GED credentail, or become a U.S. citizen.
Mango uses real-life situations and actual conversations to more effectively teach a new language, including several versions of English as a Second Language (ESL). Over 50 languages available.
Broken down by subject to help vocabulary development, these guides list books found in the Library at varying levels of reading difficulty. You can also view a general overview of our Adult Learning Center core collection.