The library has three meeting rooms:
- the larger room seats 125 people
- the medium room seats 30 people and
- the smaller room seats 20 people.
The Haverford Township Free Library welcomes the use of these meeting rooms on a reserved-only basis by individuals and groups including but not limited to those engaged in educational, civic, cultural, intellectual, and charitable activities. The meeting rooms are also available for use by government agencies and non-profit organizations. Organizations, groups, or individuals using the meeting room and collecting revenue in any way will be expected to make a $100.00 donation to the library.
The Library’s Director will review all requests for meeting room use and determine eligibility prior to granting approval. In the event that a question may arise as to the eligibility of any organization, group, or individual requesting the use of the meeting rooms, the Library Board of Trustees shall be the final authority in granting or refusing permission to use the library’s meeting rooms. Appeals for exceptions to these policies must be made in writing to the Library Board of Trustees. The Library Board only may approve exceptions to the policies stated in this document. That a group is permitted to use a library meeting room does not in any way constitute an endorsement by the Library Board or Library staff of the group’s policies or beliefs, and no claim to that effect nor claim to library sponsorship may be used, explicitly or implicitly, in advertising. Neither the name nor address of the library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization or group using the Library’s meeting rooms. The Haverford Township Free Library will make no effort to censor or amend the content of a meeting when granting meeting room access.
Meeting Room Availability
- Reservations for meeting rooms will be scheduled in order of request. Rooms will be assigned on the basis of availability and size of the requesting group. Library sponsored programs will have priority.
- Meeting rooms specified in this policy will be available only if a reservation application is made in advance of the event. Applications must be made in writing using the Library’s Meeting Room Reservation Application form.
- A group must complete the Meeting Room Reservation Application form once, and may be granted subsequent use of meeting rooms without completion of an application form prior to each meeting room reservation. The information contained in the agreement should be updated from time to time. The agreement contained in the application form will be binding upon the reserving group for any subsequent meeting room reservation(s).
- Notice of cancellation must be received by the Library at least 24 hours in advance of the reserved time. Failure to notify the Library of a cancellation may result in denial of future meeting room privileges.
- It is not the intent of the Library to provide permanent or continuous meeting space. Up to 5 meetings may be scheduled at one time. Groups may schedule the meeting rooms for consecutive days. Reservations for meeting rooms may be made up to four months in advance.
- The Library Director and Library Board of Trustees reserve the right to cancel any meeting should conditions or situations warrant such action.
- When the Library closes because of an electrical or heating/cooling equipment failure or a weather-related emergency, all efforts will be made to notify organizations scheduled to use a meeting room. During adverse weather conditions, the group should call the Library at 610-446-3082 or visit the Library's website at www.haverfordlibrary.org for closing information.
Basic Rules of Use
- Occupants may not exceed stated occupancy for the meeting room.
- Meetings may not extend beyond Library closing.
- No organization or group using the meeting rooms will discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or handicapped status in the provision of service.
Meeting Room Set-up and Equipment Use
- Set-up and special arrangements are the responsibility of the user. The Library will provide no special room set-ups.
- Lighted candles or flames, because of fire hazard, are not to be used. All paper and decorations used in decorating the meeting rooms must be flame proof.
- A variety of audiovisual equipment is available for use in the meeting rooms. Available equipment includes a TV/VCR and an AV cart. Someone experienced in its operation should use the equipment. The TV/VCR must be requested in advance of the meeting, preferably at the time of application. Any damage due to misuse of audiovisual equipment is the responsibility of the organization or group reserving the room.
- Refreshments may be served in meeting rooms, but supplied by the group.
- Pre-prepared food and coffee/tea preparation is allowed, but food requiring cooking on the Library premises is not allowed.
- Intoxicating liquors or cereal malt beverages may not be dispensed or consumed on the Library premises or grounds.
- Groups and organizations using meeting rooms are responsible for maintaining order. Appropriate conduct is expected as a condition of room use. At least one adult must be present and responsible for any event involving children under the age of 18.
- The Haverford Township Free Library shall bear no responsibility whatever for personal injury to any member, affiliated person, guest, invitee, or licensee of the using organizations, its members, affiliated persons, guests, invitees, or licensees.
- The Library is unable to provide childcare services. People attending meetings at the Library must make arrangements for children. The Llibrary cannot assume responsibility for caring for children left alone in the reading rooms.
Clean Up and Damages
- Groups and individuals using meeting rooms are responsible for basic clean up and returning the room to order.
- Any equipment or displays brought in for a meeting must be removed at the end of the meeting. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Damages to the premises, equipment, or furnishings as a result of group use will be charged to the group responsible. The using organization and its members, jointly and severally, assume and shall bear full responsibility for loss of, or injury or damage to, any property of the Haverford Township Free Library as shall be caused or inflicted by the using organization, its members, affiliated persons, guests, invitees, or licensees.
Non-Compliance with this Policy Failure to comply with this policy may result in denial of future use of the Library meeting rooms, financial liability for damages, and/or immediate removal from the meeting room. Approved by the Haverford Township Free Library Board of Trustees 3/19/03