The Library offers 18 eReaders for children and 42 eReaders for adults. To see the content for for each group, please choose Children or Adults from above.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who may borrow an eReader?
E-readers are available to children ages 16 and older and adults who have a valid library card with accounts in good standing.
- What books are available on the eReader?
The eReader comes preloaded with a selection of titles purchased by the library. We are always adding books to this list so selections will continue to change and grow every month.
- How long may I borrow an eReader?
- How many eReaders may I check out at once?
For adult eReaders, each card may only check out one eReader at a time. There is not a limit on children's eReaders per card.
- How do I check-out an eReader?
All checkouts of Children’s eReaders are through the Children’s Room Desk and are first come, first served. All checkouts of Adult eReaders are through the main Circulation Desk.
- May I renew my eReader?
You may renew an Adult eReader, but not a Children's eReader.
- May I add my own book selections to the eReader?
No, you may not add your own book selections to the eReader. Please do not attempt to download your own books or alter library book selections in any way. If you attempt to deregister any device, your borrowing privileges of eReaders will be revoked.
- Where do I return the eReader?
Return your eReader inside the library - Children’s eReaders to the Children's Librarian and Adult eReaders to the Circulation Desk. eReaders must NOT be returned in the book bins.
- Do overdue fees apply to my eReader loan?
Yes. Overdue fines will be charged at a rate of $1 a day.
- What are the fees if I damage or lose the eReader or accessories?
Replacement fees for damaged or lost items are as follows: $99 for the Nook Simple Touch, $149 for a Kindle Paperwhite, $199 for a Kindle Fire, $25 for the protective case, $10 for the adapter, and $9 for the USB cord.
Children & Teens
Currently, we offer 7 Nook Simple Touch eReaders, 2 Kindle PaperWhites, 6 Kindle Basics and 6 Kindle Fire tablets.
See a Children's Room Librarian today to check out a device!
- Nooks 1 & 2 - Award Winners
- Nooks 3 & 4 - Popular Series
- Nooks 5 & 6 - Classics
- Nooks 7 & 8 - Teen Fiction
- Kindle Paperwhites 1 & 2 - On Your Mark, Get Set...READ!
- Kindle Basics 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 - Reading Olympics
- Kindle Fires 1 & 2 - Graphic Novels
- Kindle Fires 3 & 4 - Picture Books
- Kindle Fires 5 & 6 - Readers (Early Chapter Books)
We currently have 48 eReaders of different makes and models (Nook Tablets, Kindle Paperwhites and Kindle Fires) to lend to adults. There are over 500 different eBook titles available and new titles are added each month. Our eReaders contain titles across many genres and each includes bestsellers.
The contents of eReader devices can be searched using the DCLS online catalog — simply enter the book title and look for the result as a Nook or Kindle eReader entry - or enter the keywords “Nook” or “Kindle.”
eReaders can be reserved in the catalog by clicking on the REQUEST button at the top of the screen or by calling the Circulation Desk at 610-446-3082 ext 200.
Do you have comments, questions, or eBook suggestions? Feel free to email us via email@example.com