Interested in getting involved at HTFL? Adult and teen volunteers help support the library.
Volunteers are essential to fulfilling the library's mission "to provide you with resources, programs, and services that enhance and enrich your life." Our volunteers span the ages of teens on up and they work side-by-side with the staff in many different capacities. Our volunteers are a valued and respected for their time, talents, dedication, and commitment to the library and the community.
Examples of volunteer opportunities at the library include:
- Taking care of the library's grounds
- Helping sort books for the Friends' book sale
- Preparing books for our outreach programs
- Assisting with library programs
- Clerical work
- Helping maintain the shelves
- Assisting with summer reading clubs
- Delivering materials to our H.O.M.Express customers
- Advocating for the library
- Serving the board or a board committee
During the summer HTFL seeks teens to volunteer as Library Pages. Responsibilities include putting away library materials, assisting in maintaining order in the collection, and working directly with library staff on special projects.
To apply you must be:
- Ages 13 years and older
- Available to volunteer at least twice weekly, June 17 - August 17
- Available to attend Teen Volunteer Orientation and Training from 3-4:30pm on June 5, 2019.
Complete a Teen Volunteer Application, signed by your parent or guardian if you are under 18. Return the application to Julie Schultz at email@example.com.
Applications must be received by Friday, May 24 in order to be considered!