Interested in getting involved at HTFL?
Adult and teen volunteers help support the library.
Volunteers are essential to fulfilling the library's mission "to provide you with resources, programs, and services that enhance and enrich your life." Our volunteers span the ages of teens on up and they work side-by-side with the staff in many different capacities. Our volunteers are a valued and respected for their time, talents, dedication, and commitment to the library and the community.
Examples of volunteer opportunities at the library include:
- Taking care of the library's grounds
- Helping sort books for the Friends' book sale
- Assisting with library programs
- Clerical work
- Helping maintain the shelves
- Assisting with summer reading clubs
- Advocating for the library
Read through and follow the Adult Volunteer Application Procedures, fill out the Adult Volunteer Application. For more information or if you have questions, call 610-446-3082 x511, or email Julie Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
During the summer HTFL seeks teens to volunteer as Library Pages. Responsibilities include putting away library materials, assisting in maintaining order in the collection, and working directly with library staff on special projects.
To apply you must be:
- Ages 13 years and older
- Available to volunteer at least twice weekly, June 22 - August 16
- Available to attend Teen Volunteer Orientation and Training.
Complete a Teen Volunteer Application, signed by your parent or guardian if you are under 18. Return the application to the circulation desk, or email email@example.com.